Now in its ninth year Climate-KIC’s Pioneers is the leading professional mobility programme focused on climate change. It is the only programme of its kind that actively breaks boundaries and provides fresh perspectives through drawing people and organisations from all different kinds of climate change backgrounds, sectors, and experience levels.
If you’re ready for the opportunity to do things differently and get outside your comfort-zone we want to hear from you!
Eligibility criteria can be found below, if you have any queries please contact your local delivery team.
- To live in one of the participating locations.
- To have a University degree related to the field of climate change and/or sustainability OR other equivalent degree in another field is desirable.
- To have at least 2 years of working/voluntary experience in a field related to climate change and/or sustainability.
- Be committed to help tackle climate change and to be part of a community of likeminded professionals putting together influential and entrepreneurial climate change plans.
- Be able to complete all elements of the programme (eLearning, workshops, group project, placement).
- Possess advanced English language skills (at least B2 equivalent).
- Not to have been a Pioneer in the last three years.
- Be openminded and keen to learn, share and enjoy!
- Show relevant experience or interest in the topic of climate change and/or the low carbon economy.
- Are located within one of the eligible locations.
- Can provide a working space and relevant supervision to work with the pioneer in defining a sustainability related work task for the placement
- Able to host placements between September and mid-November.
- Interested to expand their network and generate new business cases, to gain knowledge as well as a competitive advantage through hosting a pioneer.
- Interested to learn about Systems Innovation.
- Be an openminded organization that is keen to learn, share and enjoy all the stages of the Pioneers into Practice programme and use it as a win-win situation!